Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Fu*k Cisgender

I call my sisters, who are attracted to women, lesbians.  Those men attracted to men, I call gay.   Transexuals are entitled to the pronouns of their choice.  Self-determination, and the right of self designation, are important human rights.

What I sometimes object to is the designation, social scientist.  Admittedly, some sociological studies  are firmly rooted in statistical analysis.  But often mere speculations is masked by footnotes and jargon.  Such is the case for the term cisgender, which is a form of bigotry.

If someone calls me cisgender, he will be met with a string of profanities, and if he persists, possible violence.  Extreme, perhaps, but consider this:   Although the "N" word is primarily offensive because of its cruel history, it also belittles a people by denying them the right of self designation.  I am old enough to have respectfully, used the terms, Negro, Black and African American.

You can call me heterosexual, straight, or just plain male.  My preferred pronouns are "he" and "him.
Fu*k cisgender.

No comments:

Post a Comment