Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Dropping Out of College

Americans voting for a candidate that they know has neither the qualifications, nor the temperament  to be president, tore my heart out.  I may be blogging more about food and travel, than politics, while I shake it off.

Trump is now my president, and I must hope for his success,  Maybe he will surround himself with wise people who will appeal to his better angels.  If not, we will redouble our efforts to elect a Democratic Senate in 2018, and to replace him in 2020.

 Until then, we should work to eliminate the electoral college.  My plea is not because Hillary won the popular vote, but because we need to come together and be united states.  Candidates should be talking to us all, not only to voters in 13 or 15 highly contested states.  My vote in California should matter as much as that of my friend in Florida.

My vote is already devalued by California having the same number of Senators as a less populous state like Montana.  At least my vote for president should have meaning.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think this can be shaken off. He has left a terrible stain on this country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She may win popular vote by as much as 2%. I blame Comey. Still what you say is so true. Now when I travel I may say I am Canadian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. troy@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't cheer for his success, if his success means deporting millions of people, taking away health care for 20 million, tearing up our trade agreements, telling our allies they can fend fore themselves, expecting Putin to take out ISIS, taking trickle down to an atomic level, punishing women who have an abortion, and on, and on, and on,...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never have I so hoped that a candidate fails to keep his campaign promises.

    ReplyDelete